Thursday, June 5, 2008

"Wow! You're Huge"

Says the lady to me in the grocery store today. "It's really funny that you're buying a watermelon when it looks like you've already got one, especially wearing that green shirt" says the man to me in the grocery story last week. I'm starting to dread going to that place now. Truthfully, I find it all pretty funny. I am huge. I'm the first one to say it. I never thought it would be possible to be so big. The scary thing is, I'm going to get bigger! I've still got about 3 weeks to go. According to the ultrasound that we had yesterday, baby Evan is already weighing in at about 6 lbs 14 oz. If he continues to gain a pound a week (like they say babies do at this time) and I go until my due date, I'm looking at a 9-10 lb baby. Can you say ouch?!?! I go back to the doctor on Monday so we'll see what she has to say about his size and whether or not I'll need to go a bit early. In the meantime, please pray that my belly can hold itself together for the remaining weeks. It's so tight it doesn't feel like it can stretch any more but judging by my numerous stretch marks, my belly is finding a way to accommodate for the still growing little guy in my belly. Oh, and by the way, we had the ultrasound tech check to make sure it's still a boy and it is :) She said they were definitely boy parts. So here are the latest pictures. I'm 37 weeks so, a little over 8 months. I'm now considered full term so he can safely be born any time now. So come on little Evan Todd. We're dying to meet you!!


37 Weeks

The same shirt at 3 months - glad it still fits...very few shirts still cover my belly

Look carefully, can you see my stretch marks?

Look how shiny and round it is!

5 comments:

  1. let's see...when luke was measured at 37 weeks, they said he weighed 7-7.5 lbs. typically they gain an ounce a day so we were looking at a 9 lb baby if he went to my due date. he was 5 days late...and weighed 8 lbs even. didn't get a late measurement with seth. he weighed 8.1 at 38 weeks. AC was measured wednesday at 37w4d and she is estimated at 7 lbs 8 oz already.

    so never fear kid...sometimes...a lot of times, those things can be a good lb off!! and i don't think you'll gain a lb a week. however, let him think that he'll be that big so you can go early!!

    this time it took me longer to show (which was weird since it's my 3rd!!) but once i did, people felt the need to tell me about it. and i can't believe people tell you you look huge and like a watermelon. that's just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have reached the point where EVERYONE wants to touch my belly, I'm only 17 wks so there's not much to feel. I mean what if I started rubbing their belly at the same time? "Oh, I'm sorry is this weird for you? ... yeah, me too!" It's really the people I don't know that I want to push away.

    Your belly reminds me of those bouncy balls in Walmart=) You should buy one and to show Evan ... see you fit inside there! LOL, ok it's early for me sorry. I am so excited and really really wish I could see you, maybe I can make a trip down after you have Evan. Someone better call me and let me know after you call your mom of course!=)~

    Oh, and not to scare you (because peopel get a kick out of scaring me) but we had a lady at work measured at almost 9lbs and that sucker came out 11 lbs 4oz!!! In fact, I think it came out walking and talking, not sure?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They never really know a weight. It's just a guesstimate.

    People are weird about pregnant ladies. I had random people walk up and rub my belly all the time. I had one experience in Wal-Mart where a kid was walking backwards and not paying attention to where she was going and about the time she got to me I just put my hand out so she wouldn't just barrel over me. Her dad got on to her and said,"Pay attention to where your going. You almost ran over that lady. Can't you see she is pregnant?" I thought it was pretty funny at the time.

    One suggestion that was made to me is to, sometime while you are in labor, take a string and wrap it around your belly. Cut it to the length that your belly is around. Later, it's cool to see just how big you were once the baby is born.

    You're looking great! Just hang in there. Only God and that baby knows when it's time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for letting me know about your blog! i look forward to keeping up with how your family is doing! hang in there these last few weeks.... and before you know it, that sweet baby boy will be in your arms, and you and todd will never be the same! :)

    just take it easy in this heat- ethan was a july baby, and i remember how miserable those last few weeks were!!!

    i'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this to be a good response to the "wow, you're huge", "are you sure you're not having twins", "chunky", and "fatty" comments. Yes mam, I got all of those. I started responding with this.. "You know what, when I have this baby, I'm going to lose this weight but you can't do anything about being ugly". Yep, that worked real nice. And then you can blame it on pregnancy hormones. They are just mean. Hang in there girl. In a few weeks, you'll be forgetting what it feels like to have him on the inside. You look great!

    ReplyDelete